- The Big D Classic is an USBC certified tournament. The tournament is a mixed handicap competition open to men and women by invitation only. Therefore, the Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse any application. Space is limited to 44 teams/176 bowlers. Teams will consist of 4 members, any mix of men and women. Partial entries will be accepted as long as they can be accommodated.
- Bowlers will hold harmless Big D Classic and Plano Super Bowl from anything resulting from potential exposure to COVID-19. All bowlers must sign and agree to abide by the tournament rules on their registration form before participating.
- Averages, Handicap, & Scores:
- Handicap for the Tournament shall be based on 90% of the difference between the bowler’s scratch average and 235. Negative handicap will not apply.
- Only 10-pin averages can be used.
- Any bowler entering the Big D Classic must use a ten-pin average acceptable to USBC. Use the first applicable rule below to determine the entering average:
Bowlers will use a two-year combined composite average based on the USBC sanctioned 2020-21 Standard Composite book average and USBC sanctioned 2019-20 Standard Composite book average. The IGBO Tournament Database (TAD) average (occurring in the 12 months prior to June 30, 2021) will also be combined with the two-year combined USBC league average if the database is publicly available by June 30, 2021; otherwise, it will not be used. Resulting calculated average using number of games as the weight will be truncated at the end. The minimum number of games required is 60 for combined composite average. If the number of games requirement isn’t met, rule B will be applied, and the highest average will be used between rule A (21 game minimum) and rule B.
All other bowlers must submit the following averages if available. The highest of these will be used.
- USBC sanctioned challenge or sport league composite averages from 2020-21 and 2019-20 seasons combined and adjusted to a standard basis using USBC official charts. Minimum of 21 games is required.
- USBC sanctioned 2018-19 Standard Composite book average (minimum of 21 games).
- USBC sanctioned 2017-18 Standard Composite book average (minimum of 21 games).
- USBC sanctioned challenge or sport league composite averages from 2018-19 season, adjusted to a standard basis using USBC official charts. Minimum of 21 games is required.
- USBC sanctioned challenge or sport league composite averages from 2017-18 season, adjusted to a standard basis using USBC official charts. Minimum of 21 games is required.
- If none of these averages are available, a USBC sanctioned summer 2021 league average will be considered; number of games must be submitted.
- Bowlers with an average from a non-sanctioned league must submit a complete average list from all leagues bowled, including number of games, and a secretary signed letter or league sheet from the league with the bowler’s highest average. In addition, all tournament scores (IGBO and non-IGBO) may be requested for bowlers using average rule 4.B.
If none of the above is available, then the entering average shall be 235.
Averages will be verified on www.bowl.com database. Correct USBC number must be provided on entry form. Any averages that are unavailable or inaccurate on this site must be noted in the comments section of entry form, with separate verification provided by the league secretary (letter or standing sheet). Any bowlers with multiple USBC numbers in the past five years or have averages with both right and left hands must make this clear in the comments section of the online entry form or send an email to the director. It is the entrant’s responsibility to review www.bowl.com for accuracy and notify tournament officials of any inaccurate information. If an entrant fails to do so, all prize monies and side pot monies won prior to payout will be forfeited.
Bowlers who have qualified for cash and/or merchandise prize(s) of $1000 or more in the position standings prize list in any event in any bowling tournament during the past 12-month period must report the following:
- Name(s) of tournament(s) and date(s) when prize(s) was/were won.
- Actual scores bowled – all games including optional events.
- Prize position(s).
- Amount or value of prize(s).
Failure to comply may result in forfeiture of entry fee and prize winnings.
USBC permits the tournament manager to assign an average higher than minimum average prior to participation (USBC Rule 319b). A bowler’s average may be adjusted upward before the entrant bowls. If the bowler, upon registering, does not accept the assigned average, he/she is entitled to a refund of the entry fee.
All entrants must be members of USBC and provide proof of membership and certification number on the entry form. Proof of membership in the 2020/2021 season (sanction card or renewal receipt) should be made available during tournament registration. Non-members shall pay a Participation Fee of $5.00 (USBC Rule 301b).
All entrants must be an IGBO member for the 2020/2021 season, which includes anyone who has bowled in an IGBO-sanctioned league. Otherwise, bowlers must be a current IGBO Associate member or pay the IGBO Associate Membership Fee of $25 to join.
- Each participant shall bowl three (3) games per event and must enter all events. Bowlers are allowed only one entry per event in Singles, Doubles, and Team. Doubles/Partnerships must come from the same team. Men and women will compete on an equal basis. Team and Doubles Partnerships may consist of any combination of men and women.
- Late bowlers will begin in the frame in which they are ready to begin bowling. A “zero” score will be entered in each frame missed.
- Bowlers will be allowed ten (10) minutes of practice per event unless they are late. Late bowlers will forfeit practice time for the shift.
- Substitutes will be allowed to participate at the Tournament Director’s discretion.
- Entry fee is $105.00 per bowler. The official entry deadline is Wednesday, August 4, 2021. All registration and payment are made online at www.bigdclassic.com. Send any necessary documentation via email to email@example.com.
- Full payment of fees must accompany entries. All payments are online through PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use the secured payment method. Credit and Debit cards are accepted and processed through this website. An entry is not considered official until full payment is received.
- Entry fees, once received, will not be refunded unless at the Tournament Director’s discretion.
- Optional Individual Scratch Competition. The tournament is offering two optional scratch events – Traditional Scratch and Scratch Shoot Out. The five Scratch Divisions for both optional events are as follows:
- Division A: 205 average and up
- Division B: 190-204 average
- Division C: 175-189 average
- Division D: 155-174 average
- Division E: 0-154 average
Traditional Scratch. The entry fee for this optional event is $20. Payout ratio will be no less than 1:10 for the following awards: high scratch game, high scratch series, and high scratch all events. All 9 games are considered to determine winners. Payout will be 100% per Division.
Scratch Shoot Out. The entry fee for this optional event is based on Division as follows: Division A - $50, Division B - $40, Division C - $40, Division D - $30, Division E - $30.
Scratch Shoot Out qualifiers are determined based on the 9-game scratch total pins bowled in singles, doubles, and team. With a minimum of 20 entries in the division, the top 8 bowlers in each Division will advance to the Scratch Shoot Out competition on Sunday after team event. If there is a tie for the last qualifying position, a 9th and 10th frame roll off will be held for bowlers that tied. The Shoot Out will consist of four separate cuts. All 8 competitors in each Division will bowl one game on the same pair of lanes, and bowlers with the lowest 2 scores will be eliminated from competition. The remaining 6 bowlers will bowl one game moving one pair of lanes to the right, and bowlers with the lowest 2 scores will be eliminated. The remaining 4 bowlers will bowl one game moving one pair of lanes to the right, and bowlers with the lowest 2 scores will be eliminated. Final round will be a one game match to determine the Champion and 2nd place winner.
If there are 14-19 entries in a division, the top 6 bowlers will qualify for the Scratch Shoot Out; 8-13 entries, the top 4 bowlers will qualify for the Scratch Shootout; 4-7 entries, the top 2 bowlers will qualify for the Scratch Shootout. Format remains the same as above with 2 bowlers eliminated after each game.
- A completed entry into the tournament consists of the following:
- Completed Online Entry Form on www.bigdclassic.com.
- Appropriate fees paid online in U.S. funds via the Paypal link provided online after the registration form is submitted.
- If required, any additional average verification information must be submitted. This is the case when www.bowl.com has incomplete information for one or more leagues, or is incorrect in some way. Please scan documents and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each event has its own Prize List. There will be 100% cash return on all prize fees. The payout ratio will be 1:8, except for Individual All Events, which only the top three (3) positions will be paid. Payouts will occur within thirty (30) days of tournament completion through a mailed check to the winner’s registration address.
- Premature termination or interruption of the tournament brought about by war, national or local disaster/emergency, health pandemic, or emergency causes relating to or from fire, natural disaster, or any other reason beyond the control of Big D Classic committee shall cause, to the extent required thereby, all advertised prizes guaranteed or otherwise, to be pro-rated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in each of the respective events up to the time of such termination.
- Tournament Dates: August 13th, 14th, and 15th 2021. All events will be held at Plano Super Bowl, 2521 K Ave, Plano, TX 75074. Phone: 972-881-0242.
- Entry Fee Break Down: $105 per bowler (Prize Fund $57, Lineage $27, IGBO Donation $1, Awards/Food/Expenses $20).
- Rules subject to change upon 2020 USBC sanction approval. Any rule changes will be posted at registration.
- Equipment Rule: Bowling balls should be USBC approved and drilled meeting all USBC requirements.